Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Russell's Email 8-6-09

HEY!
Things in Ely are kickin'! We have almost no one to teach, but some how we have mangage to still do awesome work!
Last weekend we had a baptism in Lund NV, their second baptism this month. We had the baptism at the "Waters of Lund" aka, the most beautiful spring in the world. It looks about a foot deep, but where the baptism took place was about 3.5 feet deep. It reminded me of Mosiah 18:30. I think about this because, no one has been baptized in the spring in years, but many people came and it stirred a lot of tender memories. It really was a beautiful place and an awesome baptism.
This weekend we have another baptism, this one is equally awesome. This lady has been working to this point for over 6 months and finally she will be able to enter the waters. I'm so excited, especially to be the missionary that sees her to this point because so many have crossed her path.
My other huge excitment is this. (Hold onto your hat Dad) I love doing service. This morning for our preperation day exercise, Elder Swank and I went and cut firewood for a recent convert. I love cutting wood! I don't know if I would enjoy it as much if I always had to do it, but I really have fun cutting it for service!
I also got to go out to the Church Ranch in Garrison NV. We had our district meeting out there, had fresh steaks and corn on the cob, went driving around and took lots of pictures (I'll send those next week too.) Our last stop was a really neat creek. Story has it that a man from the south didn't want to give up his slaves so they up and left to NV and this was the settlement they established. It's a really neat little place but the spirit there was awesome. While we were there it just felt like paradise. So pretty... I'll send pictures.
I love serving my mission and having fun here. When you serve the Lord with the right attitude, and the best obedience you can, you really feel the Spirit and enjoy the work. I know that this is the best decision I've ever made, and to live this gospel is the best thing you can do. I love being here and, despite the difficulties, it's the greatest experience in my life. I hope that everyone who reads these can feel the spirit in their hearts, for I know this message is true!


Elder Hitchcock

No comments: