Thursday, December 2, 2010

Russell's Email 11-18-10

This week has been pretty good. It's been another trial and more hard work, but I'm just doing my best. That's all I can do, and so I'm working to "cheerfully do all things that lie within my power."
Really not very much has happened. We have been working really hard to try to find and to teach and to bring people to Christ. It's rough when the people aren't receptive, and there's not many people to begin with. One older inactive couple we talked to said, "How'd you find us?" People aren't always here to hear the gospel, but to hide from the Church. When I hear that it makes me sad and I think about President Eyring when he said, "When I get tired, or I think I deserve a break, I think, "Remember him." Jesus didn't take a break, even after he had suffered and then was crucified, he immediately went and set up the work in the spirit world. No breaks till the work is done...
I'm having a good time and enjoying serving. I really want to keep having fun and working hard, despite the success or lack thereof. I'm really trying to do everything that I can to finish strong.
We have zone conference tomorrow with Elder Bowen of the 70. I'm excited for the conference and I look forward to the opportunity to hear from a general authority.
With the last world wide leadership training, there was some changes made in the ward mission program. I guess I could use the balance of my mission to focus on getting the ward mission running up to speed with the new instruction from salt lake. I believe that would be good and help out a lot. Maybe that's my new goal lol
Thanks for ya'lls love and support. It has not been easy these last few weeks and I am just really doing my best but it's been hard. I don't know if I could manage this without your love, support, and prayers. Thanks so much.

No comments: