Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Russell's Email 11-11-10

Hola family!
this week has been good. We had a mission wide fast for baptisms and president asked us to all make a sacrifice for the blessings needed to get those baptisms.
The area is looking better. We are having some success, but working with members can be a slow process. They have lives, and often missionary work is pushed to the side with the other challenges that come daily. I have realized missionary opportunities are everywhere, we just have to be alert "because many people yearn for the truth." haha, if the missionaries give you a challenge, I challenge you to do it the next day.
We have found a few more people to teach and things are going well. I was having about 15-20 LTM's in my last area. This transfer we had 2, then four, and right now we have 3 with two planned for tonight. It's a change of pace in Mesquite, but the gospel goes forth anyway.
I am grateful for this experience. From it I have learned the necessity of support and love and prayer, all over again. What scares me is the stake president came to a lesson with us and he told us our missions were "boot camp" for the future. I will be happy being a young men's leader or in the scouting program, or even being a greeter (I actually really like doing that!)
Thanks for the love and support from home. It makes a great difference and I am thankful for the opportunity to serve a mission. I love you lots and I hope you have great weeks!
Russ

No comments: