Monday, November 15, 2010

Russell's Email 10-7-10

Sometimes I have a tough time seeing southwest planes land and take off. Right now, I still can't fathom the end of my mission, but President told me "December will catch up to you eventually." I don't want it to catch me before it has to.
Things in the area are going very well. We still have lots of people set and we are working towards having a successful end of the transfer. Please remember to include C. in your prayers so that she can overcome her struggles and make her baptism date. She's so ready and willing, but just struggling.
This week has been one of the more fun weeks. we had a lesson set up monday monring at 10. At 9:45 we got a call from her fellowshipper who said our investigator was sick and we wouldn't be able to have the lesson but we could come teach her non member son if we wanted to. So we went over there and used a skateboard we had taken apart (he's a very big skater) and then likened each part of the skateboard to the gospel (wheels=faith, bearings=repentance trucks=baptism deck=holy ghost and ette=go stake!) They have a half pipe in their back yard. Well, his mom said she wished he could do this one trick so he tried it and fell. He tried it again and fell and broke his hand. Thank goodness he blamed his mom and not us!
So there was that lesson and then we had a lesson with C. We smashed her ash tray. Well, she smashed it and when it shattered pieces almost hit us and one big chunk hit a car (but it didn't hurt the car!) I love the word of wisdom, it really creates a lot of fun for me!
We had a lesson with our investigator H. and taught her the word of wisdom. She said she would do everything except give up smoking right now. Well, after the lesson we left and walked to the car. Then, realizing we still had a few minutes, went to check up on someone else in the complex. Well, we walked by H.'s patio and she was smoking! RIGHT AFTER THE LESSON! we pitched a little kid fit for the fun of it and got some good laughs. I was just shocked though lol.
We also have a new investigator who is set for baptism! She has been taught for like two weeks by some other missionaries. We call it poaching. They were teaching her even though she lived in my area, but they handed her off finally. It's pretty sweet... Her name is J. She's golden too. she's going to seminary with her friends and stuff. I'm lovin' teaching!
Man, conference was incredible! President Christensen calls it a scheduled answer to prayers. Well, I didn't take it that serious at first, and then last conference I had questions, but this time I wrote them down and they were all answered. It was a great conference. I really loved Elder Holland's talk about gratitude. I really feel that was one of the major messages of conference, being grateful for the blessings we have. So I want to say thank you for everything everyone does for me! Thanks so much and please know that it has made a great difference in my life and mission. Love ya'll.

No comments: