Monday, November 8, 2010

Russell's Email 9-16-10

hello everyone!
another transfer has come and gone away. As I begin this next one, I have an even brighter perspective and I feel more optimistic. Do ya'll remember Elder B. that was trained in my ward when I trained Elder V. B.? Well, now I am training him as a zone leader. He's really awesome and I am looking very forward to working with him for this next transfer. I know that after this, I only have one more transfer but that just seems so foreign. I still can't comprehend it. It's pretty funny though, my area ends right before the airport and I see southwest landing and taking off all the time. haha
This week has been exciting. We are working with some very great people who really want to progress, and we are working some other people who don't have as much desire. I have a hard time with those because now I see "...the great importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth." I wish so much that I could just spend all day teaching the gospel to those who want to know more about it. My understanding of the importance of sharing this gospel continues to grow more and more.
I wanted to share an experience I had yesterday. We were checking up on some folks for the ward and as we left their apartment we walked about the corner and I saw this man holding his little son. As I saw him, I wanted to share so bad with him the plan of salvation and about eternal families. Something I have noticed is that SOOOO many people believe their families can be together forever, but we are the only church who has that in their official doctrine. I'm so thankful for that. I tried to share that with him, and we will go see him and his wife next week. I look forward to that! As I told him about families, it seems that he really wanted to know how his family could be together always. I really am grateful for the experiences of living with Haley and Aaron and getting this glimpse of how important the gospel is for families.
I'm having a ton of fun and doing well. I am trying my hardest and working really hard. I could use prayers though, as I do my best to deal with the stresses of mission life. I know ya'll pray for me, and I am thankful for that. If it wasn't for those prayers I know I wouldn't be surviving.

No comments: