Monday, November 8, 2010

Russell's Email 8-26-10

Hey everyone!
This was a great week with lots of great experiences! We had a really great baptism on Saturday and lots of good stuff is happening in the area. I have had a really great time with lots of great stressful challenges. Elder V. is gone, as is the other missionary, and now we are still in a 3 missionary companionship and covering two areas. So far it has gone very well and things are just working out. We are working really hard to effectively use both areas. The other area just baptized all the ppl they were working with, so I hope we can get the ball rolling again before the end of the transfer so some missionary comes in with a very fruitful area.
We are working with those we are teaching and almost everyone is working towards baptism. I just love baptism dates and people progressing in the gospel. It's been a great miracle to see the blessings of heaven as we seek to follow the vision of the mission.
Things are just going really well. Working hard and trying my best to help other missionaries and to help others come unto Christ. I was in the temple this morning for new missionary temple and President said to think about what our missions have meant to us. as I thought, I pondered about how much I had learned the importance of obedience, of communication, and one thing I really thought about was how I want my future family to be a "go to" family for missionary work. I love the joy that comes from this work. I know the time is drawing to a close. I was working with the car the other day and I thought (as I was standing in line) "within a few months, everything that I have done, my job for the past two years, changes in an instant." I dread the time, but the thought keeps me thrusting in my sickle. I love being here and doing my best.
I will try to send pictures soon of baptisms, of companions, of everything that has been going on lately. I hope that ya'll have a great week and that all goes well for ya'll.

No comments: