Thursday, November 4, 2010

Russell's Email 7-22-10

Hey everyone,
This week has been another week that has been super hot but gone really well. I'm enjoying my time here in Las Vegas despite the different challenges that come this way. I have seen a lot of stuff happen this week. One of the most exciting was my ward lost about 1/4 of its members with the same thing happening to 3 other wards and the creation of a new ward. In my position, it's fun because I kind of get to head up the work in this new ward for the next few weeks until transfers in August.
M. is doing well though, and he will be baptized on Saturday. We told him about Pioneer day and how he is a pioneer day in his family and then he will also be the first convert in the new Harmony Hills ward, which I personally find neat! The first Sunday in Harmony Hills will have a confirmation. I am pretty excited.
Aside from that, we are always striving to find more people to teach and work through the heat and work with the members to help them have meaningful missionary experiences. Things are still going well! Please keep praying for me though, I know I need it!

No comments: