Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Russell's Email 11-4-10

this week has been good, but still a very big learning experience. Trying to figure out my area has really ended up being a challenge. I feel like I am serving in the NV/AZ equivalent to Spencer or Altamont covering the area of Warren County (or at least that's how it feels.)
It's been a good week so far with lots of opportunities to learn and grow. I've never had a problem working hard, or smart, but there seems to need a new level of dedication and working smart that I haven't before known. It's been a challenge to visit everyone possible and to find people to teach.
Things in the area are going pretty well. We are working a lot with the members and I feel like we have a lot of work just hanging out a week in the future. By next week we could have several investigators who could quickly start progressing, but it's hard because it's just in the future. The other side of Sunday could yield a lot of fruit, but we have to be patient. Actually, I studied about patience this week, and guess what? I didn't like what I learned because now I have to be more and more patient. I guess that's a trial of mortality.
We have gotten a lot done, but we have really accomplished nothing more than a dent of a work in progress. That's difficult for me to go through, but it's working out so far. We also helped this family split wood a few days ago with a log splitter, that's about how I felt with the work we have done. We spent an hour and a half and barely dented the pile of wood, but I know that it's line upon line and lesson by lesson. I'm just doing my best and hoping that the Lord will make up where I lack. I just really hope that is his will.
I gotta go because I need to do some DL bussiness and write my letter to President. I love ya lots and thanks for all your support. It means the world to me. Love ya'll!
Russ

No comments: