Thursday, November 4, 2010

Russell's Email 6-3-10

Well, I have spent 3 of the past 7 days with my companion. The other 4 have been on exchanges with other missionaries. I have had many great experiences, and some trying ones too. It's pretty difficult to be a spanish speaking missionary twice for a full day when you don't speak hardly any spanish at all. But, the little spanish I do know I have become much more comfortable in speaking. Even though it was a trying day, I really enjoyed it and had a fun time.
We also had zone conference this past week. We had a great message about the law of the harvest, and "work hard, be happy." Elder V. and I (last transfer) rewrote the words to "Don't worry, be happy" for a special zone conference treat that we listened to. Here are the lyrics.



"in every mission we have trouble, but when you don't work you make it double.
work hard, be happy.
have no member for our lesson, stressed and fail apartment inspection.
work hard, be happy.
investigators say that they sick, not keeping their commitments,
work hard, be happy.
sent pictures home to your family, girlfriend said I'm fat and stop eating
work hard, be happy.
Ain't got no MSF (missionary support fund), no style,
ain't got no LTM's (lessons taught to investigators with a member present) to make you smile.
work hard, be happy
when you worry your face frown, and the work in your area will go down!
work hard, be happy
On your bike or on your feet, there is an end to the summer heat.
work hard, be happy!"



Fun song, but it taught true principles. I really enjoyed the opportunity to take part in the zone conference and how it blessed my life.
Things are going well. They are crazy, sometimes difficult to figure everything out, but it works out in the end.
Thanks so much for your emails and your letters. I love ya'll and I hope that you have a great week. Remember, work hard, be happy!

No comments: