Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Russell's Email 5-27-10

Hey
this week has been so eventful. Elder P. and I have been going on exchanges with other missionaries almost constantly. I have had some very wonderful experiences and some very great opportunities in working with other missionaries over the past few weeks.
Being a missionary is so great and there are so many wonderful experiences that strengthen my faith each day.
I want to share something that President shared with me in my interview with him last week. I share this because I know that every day, people have challenges they experience. President shared this with me about keeping low points as short as possible and keeping the lows from getting to low.
He said, First count your blessings. For one, you're healthy. You can breathe without being stuck on a respirator. Second, have something to look forward to (baptism, church, teaching appointment, exchange, etc.) and third, work work work. Accomplish something that will be of great benefit.
I hope that someone who reads this can apply these things in their life. I know how important they have been to me in the past week when I have reflected on these things.
I'll try to work harder on telling you some epic story or something next week. Love everyone, have a great week.

No comments: