Thursday, October 7, 2010

Russell's Email 4-1-10

Elder F. called me last friday and talked to me. If I had not gone home, I would be coming home today or yesterday. I had a really hard time on Monday and Tuesday. Tuesday during transfer conference, I cried like a baby as I saw guys that had become men, who I looked up to and loved, that were and are my brothers as they bore their testimony for the last time in the NV Las Vegas Mission. I made eye contact with President several times and I even saw him crying a few times. I'm so glad for a loving mission President and I am glad to know that he loves me.
Well, after testimonies were born, President stood up to read off the new assignments. I am now serving with Elder B. I flew to Las Vegas with him, but he is a transfer older than I am because he spent 9 weeks in the MTC. Anyway, we are serving as Zone Leaders over a zone of 20 missionaries (ourselves included.) I'm really excited about this transfer, and I look forward to really doing my best. Being a zone leader I am seeing that I really won't have enough time to dwell on seeing my friends leave, instead I can focus on helping other missionaries and the people we are teaching come unto the Savior.
Things are going way awesome. I really love serving where I am, and I love my new zone. I am back in North Las Vegas.
Thanks so much for all the love and support. I hope ya'll have a great week.

No comments: