Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Russell's Email 4-22-10

Tower built during Zone Conference
Elder Hitchcock with Elders D., and V.B.


Elder Hitchcock with Elder J. (If you know Elder Hitchcock, you know he loves his sunglasses about as much as he loves his bikes!)

Elder Hitchcock with Elders L. and F.



Okay, so this week was sweet. Two weeks ago we taught 107 LTM's and that was the highest in the mission. This past week we taught 111 LTM's and between those two weeks 12 people were baptized. This zone is doing amazing and the Lord's blessing is upon these members and missionaries as they put their shoulder to the wheel.
Personally, for me this week has been great. The mission had another zone conference centered around the spirit and receiving personal revelation. We focused on Preach My Gospel ch 4 about recognize the promptings of the spirit and also around Mosiah 1-7. We were instructed to read it and identify 3 places where king benjamin helps people resolve their concerns, 3 effective questions king benjamin asks, and also 3 places where king benjamin quotes someone else. Will ya'll do this and email me your answers? I would love to hear other peoples perspectives.
At zone conference we built a 25+ foot tower. President Christensen got up (that was brave of him) and shared what he felt was one of the most important parts of king Benjamin's sermon. It was amazing.
I also had a really fun exchange with Elder J., a missionary I live with. He's the one in the picture with our sun glasses. A member photographer told us to do that, I Don't know what it's all about lol. Another picture is a mission 3 generation picture. Grandpa d., me, and grandson V. B. I also included a picture of Elder L. and Elder F. (the two who came to vegas from my first MTC group).
Things are going great and I love being a missionary. Life couldn't be better, and I couldn't be happier as I have this opportunity to help others come unto Christ.
Love ya'll
Elder Hitchcock

No comments: