Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Russell's Email 4-29-10

This week was awesome. The zone dropped a little bit in their dedication and they felt that at district meeting when we reported to them. After that we made them a promise that if they got 100% obedience to the morning schedule that we would surpass the zone goal of 115 LTM's. Week to date everyone is 100% and we are destroying the numbers that we have had at any other time this transfer. I know that if we are 100% obedient, we will achieve that goal.
We had a really neat experience on Tuesday night when we went out with a member of the Elders Quorum Presidency. Our appointment fell through and so we went to see a family the bishop had asked the EQP to go and see. We knocked on the door and we were met by someone we didn't expect. The address on the ward list was wrong, but we met a part member family who welcomed us in. "When I heard the doorbell, I thought it was going to be you all." Talk about divine intervention, I love being obedient and seeking to do the Lord's will and the blessings that come from trying to help. We have a return appointment with them next week. I'm really excited for it.
We also have two baptisms coming up this weekend. I will send pictures home and tell you all about it. The blessings that are coming out on the zone are just so amazing and we are so blessed. I really can't describe the miracles that are happening. I love being a missionary.
I hope that you all are having missionary experiences while you are going about your daily lives. I hope you seek for those because there is a joy that is unmatched as we see souls come unto Christ. I love you all and I miss you all.
Elder Hitchcock

No comments: