Thursday, October 7, 2010

Russell's Email 2-25-10

The area that I am in is on fire. We have 5 people set for baptism, I love my companion and the work is awesome. The members here are so missionary minded and ready and eager to share the gospel. We have about 10 people that we are having appointments with and working with consistently and things are just going so awesome.
I'm also in a hilly area so I'm getting some good bike riding in. Each day here is a new adventure and a new opportunity. the people here are so prepared to hear the gospel and the prayers of the members and of everyone at home are allowing this area to progress faster than any area I have seen.
One thing I have gained a testimony of is the importance of members at lessons. This is such a blessing to those that we teach, but of equal importance it is a great and wonderful blessing to the members who accompany us to the lessons. I want to encourage, even challenge everyone, to attend a lesson with the missionaries, or better yet tell the missionaries you want them to come and teach a lesson in YOUR home to someone they are teaching. It's so worth it!
Thanks for all that ya'll do and I hope that you have a great and blessed week!
Elder Hitchcock

No comments: