Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Russell's Email 5-6-10

*Sister's note: Elder Hitchcock wanted me to add some pictures from the baptism he talks about in this email, but due to "privacy issues" I am not posting them. If it is you that is in them (and you are reading this), let me know that it is okay and I will put them on here!


This week was incredible. the zone made a goal to be 100% obedient to the morning schedule (wake up before 6:30 and exercise for a 1/2 hour, get ready and be praying no later than 7:30, 8:30 eat breakfast, 9-10 comp study and then out the door at 10) and we made them a promise that if they were 100% obedient, we would pass our goal of 113 LTM's (lessons taught to investigators with members present). Well, we were 99.8% and we taught 134 LTM's, the highest I have ever seen in the mission. Not to brag or be prideful, but it's so humbling to see these blessings that come as a result of obedience and dedicated service. I love being a part of this zone with these fantastic missionaries.
This week there were also 104 people who accepted return appointments with our missionaries. The zone, in a very real sense, has never been better.
While the zone is experiencing these great blessings, Elder B. and I continue to do well. We are teaching several people and working really hard to find more and more people to teach. Being a missionary, in the Nevada Las Vegas mission, in the North zone, has been such a rewarding experience! I love it!
We had 2 baptisms for some youths named K. and J. Amazing baptisms and now we are working with their parents. They are also so ready to hear to the gospel. Truly, this message is "Good News."
Thanks so much for everything and I hope everyone has an amazing week!
Elder Hitchcock

No comments: