Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Russell's Email 3-26-09

So I forgot my planner so I am going off of memory, but the highlights of this week were mainly this week. On Monday we had a really good day and had some awesome lessons. We taught C. again and we watched a movie with her. We watched Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration. I love that movie so much! The Spirit is so strong and it's awesome to see the love that Joseph Smith had for this work. A scripture that has become a favorite is in Mosiah and part of it says, "...to stand as witnesses of God at all times, in all things, and in all places." That was the Prophet Joseph. The Spirit was really strong and it reconfirmed to me the truthfulness of this message.
Right after that we had another lesson at the Bishop Brandt's house. His daughter Ashley had invited a few friends to have a lesson and we were joined by her friends and two other youth from the ward. The lesson was awesome and I really loved to see the spirit they had because everyone there wanted to learn. It's amazing what the Spirit can does... It doesn't surprise me, but it amazes me everyday...


Then Tuesday happened. Tuesday was perhaps the worst day of my mission so far. Our appointments fell through until dinner, and we rode about 3 miles to dinner only to learn they had moved, and so we had to ride another mile or two. Once we got there it wasn't bad, and we enjoyed their company. After dinner we had a good lesson with a member and her friend. A. (the friend) has been looking for a purpose in life and needing the sense of direction the Gospel offers. I really enjoyed teaching because I think she made some connections!


So Tuesday was really bad... But Wednesday... What to say about wednesday. I would say it was the most effective prosolyting day of my mission. I loved it and enjoyed it so much! Oh so many stories for the journal, I'd share but I'm out of time now...


Maybe next week I won't close the email or forget my planner. Thanks for all the support!



Elder Hitchcock


The first two pictures are disposing of alcohol The third is Elder Davis, Bishop Brandt, and me The last is the U. family and Elder Davis and me.








No comments: