Thursday, August 6, 2009

Russell's Email 7-9-09

I love serving my mission! I had some really neat experiences this week that I want to share.
The first is our investigator down in Lund, B., who is going to be baptized on that 18th! She is so awesome, and her husband is getting the priesthood on Sunday so that he can baptize her! I'm so stoked, she's one of those that will be to the temple in a year! I'm really pumped for that! We also took a member with us to her home, and this member is friends with B. but she added so much to the lesson! I love teaching with members and seeing them have a spiritual experience. There's really not much better than to see a member get excited, because then they share the gospel even more!
The second was an answer to my fast. Saturday night I knelt down and began my fast, and maybe 5 minutes later (I was shinning my shoes) the phone rang and it was the Bishop of Lund ward. He told us about someone he had just met, J. He had recently moved to Lund with his brother, J. (who is a member of the Church.) He had been taking the lessons down in Vegas and he wants to get baptized. I'm so excited for this to happen. There are tons of little details to figure out, but no worries, we will figure it all out.
Ely is a great place and I love serving here. Right now we are at a little bit of a low point. I want to ask everyone at home to pray for us here in Ely, and also pray for the members, that we might have more people to teach. Ely, we can't do much here by our own efforts. We have to have the members help, and I could use some extra prayers!!!
Those are the exciting things. Oh yeah, the Tour de France started. I was trunky. There's a family here who is keeping me posted, and it's driving me nuts. I'm trying to avoid them so I don't get distracted... I hope everyone has a great week!!!

No comments: