Thursday, January 1, 2009

Russell's Email 12-8-08

As for the MTC, this is truly an amazing place. When I came I was kind of curious to find out what the Lord had in store for me, and this is amazing. My comp is from Idaho, and his name is Elder Van Etten. He has such a humble spirit and is the first from his family to serve. His dad is a convert to the Church. Since I "know the ropes" of the MTC, I didn't let us waste a second. We were teaching and using the programs the MTC offers on the first full day!!!
We set a goal to contact 10 times in a day. Elder Van Etten thought I meant ten people, I was talking about ten companionships! Well, we amazingly made our goal of contacting TEN companionships! No doubt that the Lord had his hand in our goal! Since then, we have set goals to contact and we have never fallen short of our goal, but we always had to work hard to make it.
In the spring, I didn't feel the spirit working through me. I knew he was there because what I was teaching was true, and I knew that it was touching the hearts of those I taught, but it wasn't effecting me. As I have taught, I have come to love teaching about the Great Apostay and then testifying about the Book of Mormon and sharing my experience of coming to know of the truthfulness of this Gospel. Now, instead of knowing the spirit is there, I can see it in the eyes of those we contact, and I can feel it in my heart as I testify and as I hear my companion testify of Joseph Smith. As said on the Joseph Smith movie, "Shall we not go on in so great a cause?"
I know this Gospel is true. I can see the difference the Savior is making in my life and how he has blessed me. I understand more, I am taught me, I teach more, and I have had the awesome opportunity to be the Spirits messanger.I love you, I miss you, I pray for you, and I know that the Lord will answer my prayers.
Elder Hitchcock

No comments: