Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Russell's Email 12-10-09

Hey!
I'm glad for everyones letters and emails! Thanks so much, I wish that I could explain how much those mean, but I think you have to be a missionary to really understand!
I had an amazing year mark, with lots of fun stuff and I just had a great time! The work here is going great and I feel so blessed in my time here in Las Vegas.
The other day I was thinking about it. In this mission, if a companionship puts forth their best effort, the Lord will give them success. I haven't had a baptism in 2 1/2 transfers now, but we will have one on Saturday. M. will make her covenant with Heavenly Father, and then around Christmas time, R. will also make that covenant. In addition to that, I Was thinking about my success and lack thereof here, and I quickly realized that I was having success. Someone once told me, "Success doesn't come from actually meeting your goal, but the growth that comes in striving for the goal." I've been a very blessed and successful missionary.
A lot of people have been asking what I want for Christmas. With a few material things that I need because of the weather and the wear from being out, I only want you to share the gospel of Jesus Christ. For those of you reading this who are members, think of the joy of the temple. Think about how this gospel has blessed your life, and the life of your family. Think about how YOU love your children, or your parents, and think about how our Heavenly Father loves all of his children. The best gift that I could receive is a report on sharing the gospel with others.
I love being a missionary. I love that the Lord hears and answers our prayers. We had an investigator who couldn't make it to church for a long time, but one of the things Elder V. B. and I fasted for was for him. He got weekends off and now he can come to Church. I know the Lord is there.
So awesome story, it rained in Vegas. Know the saying, when it rains it pours? That's totally talking about Las Vegas. There was about 3-4 inches of water in the bike lanes, and it rained all night. I ate dinner in a lava lava while my clothes were in the dryer, and before we got home they were plastered to my skin again. It was so fun. I think that's the main high light of this week!
Next week I will send some pictures from M.'s baptism.
I gotta wrap this up, but I wanted to share my testimony of the gospel in this upcoming Christmas season.
I really do know that Jesus Christ lives and that He loves us. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to serve him and to do his work. The Gospel we share is very real, and it's completely true. I also know that the best way to show our Heavenly Father our gratitude is to share the gospel with others.
I love you all, and again I am thankful for everything!

Elder Hitchcock

No comments: