Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Russell's Email 12-3-09

I hate it when computers loose your emails...
Well, the pictures were of missionaries and baptisms, my busted ankle from the turkey bowl, and also Elder V.B. and I.
Things that have been going on lately. We have two people set for baptism now, and I am so excited for them. These will be the third and forth people that I have taught who have made covenants with Heavenly Father since I have arrived here in this area to share the gospel.
I never cease to be amazed at how the Lord blesses me in this process of serving a mission. One of the missionaries I served with at the MTC, Elder F. said something that really impressed me. He said, "God doesn't need us to do his work. If he wanted to, he could do it himself, but he gives us the opportunity to have the blessings and growth from sharing his message." It's such an honor to be here and to be serving the Savior.
Things here in D-Sage couldn't be better! I've been working really hard at trying to set a good example for Elder V.B. and he has taught me so much. President told my trainer, "There's not many missionaries who can train in the middle of their mission. A lot train around 6 months, a lot around 18, but not many in between." My goal was to be a missionary who could train AT ANY TIME! Something I quickly learned is training is just as much of a learning experience as being trained. I love it though, Elder V.B. is awesome and I love him too. He's one of my best companions so far.
We are working with some new people and some old investigators too. I love getting to see people grow in the gospel and I love serving people. I think service is one of the best parts of being a missionary. I totally love it!
Time is short today (boy, that's not a unusual problem, lol) so I must go. I love you all, and thanks a ton!

Russ





(Sister note: These busted ankle pictures are gross...)






No comments: