Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Russell's Email 12-17-09

Blog-
This week has been pretty awesome. Elder V.B. and I have had a lot of enjoyment this week as we have served. Last Saturday M. was baptized and I confirmed her a member of the Church on Sunday. I'm so thankful to my Heavenly Father for the opportunity that I have to take part in helping others come unto Christ and to do this work. No doubt that baptisms are the biggest highlight of serving a mission.
This week I have again reflected on how far I have come and the success that I have had as a missionary in this Church and teaching this gospel. I am so thankful for all the wonderful blessings the Lord has poured out upon me.
I think about and feel like the sons of Mosiah and Alma when Ammon said, "Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many; yea, and we can witness of their sincerity, because of their love towards their brethren and also towards us." Many of Elder V.B.'s studies this week have tied back to being made "an instrument in the hands of the Lord." I wonder if there is any more honorable and worthwhile opportunity than to be the Lord's instrument.
Christmas is also a difficult time to be a missionary. I'm thankful for the support and love from those who are a part of my mission. Again, I don't think anyone who has not served could understand the magnitude and importance to hear from those at home. I think the Psalmist said it best, "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country."
I have another request for Christmas presents. I would love it if everyone who reads this blog would write their testimony of the Savior and the gospel and send it to me, that I might be able to give it to those I am teaching. Family, especially you.
Thanks so much! Have a wonderful week and a merry Christmas!

Elder Hitchcock

No comments: