Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Russell's Email 1-14-10

This week has been fun!!!! We had a really good district meeting where we talked about finding new people to teach! I pretty much have the most amazing missionaries in my tiny district!
We had one lesson this week that has really stuck in my mind over the past few days. We took one of our investigators up to the temple and we started on the north side of the building, walked around the west, to the south, and finished at the front door of the temple. The Las Vegas temple has some really neat architecture which includes little amphitheaters (that would seat like 10 people). We had two members, us, and our investigator. We would stop at each little amphitheater and read our favorite scripture. The concluding spot, up in front of the front door as a dome with amazing acoustics (like the Tabernacle on Temple Square) We had our investigator read Matt 3:13-17 about the baptism of Jesus. The spirit was amazing at that time, and I think that's my new most favorite lesson.
The mission is really great, and I love serving so much. I am very thankful for the opportunity to serve here as a district leader, because I have learned to rely so much more on the Savior and on my Heavenly Father. I'm very thankful to the Lord for that blessing and chance. I would also be very thankful for your prayers to help me in this assignment...
Thanks and I love you all!

Elder Hitchcock

No comments: