Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Russell's Email 1-21-10

t's raining it's pouring Elder Hitchcock is snoring, went to bed, bumped his head and still got up at six AM to go play morning sports! I love the rain :) Actually, I HATE it (as a missionary), but then once I get in it I have a lot of fun. It's been a crazy week. Friday-Sunday I was wearing short sleeve shirts and loving the 60's and then it's been raining since Monday. I've been having fun though!
This week has been fun. I've been working hard with Elder V. B. and doing my best to work with my district, but it's funny because I don't really know what I am doing. I went on exchanges with Elder H. yesterday (my second companion) and we had a really fun day. We were in the rain for a big part of it.
Elder H. and Elder B. also have an investigator that I got to teach yesterday. She really wants to get baptized, but she won't come to church and she tried to tell us yesterday that the spirit was making her to struggle to wake up for 9 am church.
Hm, ya'll might find this exciting. The family that had us over for Christmas Brunch had something exciting happen last week! They heard this bang noise outside (the Sister thought the neighbor had dropped something heavy because they had been moving furtiure.) She oppened the door a crack and her daughter yelled "MOM SHUT THE DOOR!!!" Then they heard a couple more bangs, and the Sister opened the curtains on the front window just to see a kid run by and then fall right at her door stop. He was grazed by a bullet on his ear and on his side, but wasn't killed. We had eaten dinner over in that area about 2 hours before. exciting!!!!
Other than stuff like that, life is continuing the same as usual. We are teaching some awesome investigators, we are always looking for more, and things are just awsome. I love being here.
Thanks for all the letters and support that I get, I hope that all is going well for everyone else! Happy rainy days!

No comments: