Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Russell's Email 1-28-10

Hey! So this is a parable I wrote for zone conference!

My parable is about missionaries on bikes! (hope that's not a surprise)
Two missionaries were riding home after an LTM at the end of their day. The weather was less than ideal and they faced a head wind as they rode back to their apartment after a long day.
One of the missionaries was larger than the other, and his companion, seeing him struggle against the wind, began to ride in front of him. Even though he offered only a little protection, by working together they made it home just before 9:30.

This parable is about working together and relying on each other and on the spirit. This is the Lord's work, and without his help we cannot make it home.

Things are going sooo good here in las vegas! I love being here!
My district is amazing, and I love serving with the missionaries that are with me.
This week rained a little more, but that's okay. We still had a lot of fun, and we found some awesome new investigators. One of those is M. He was a referral from the media, and we just couldn't get in touch with him. As we were riding to another home, we stopped at his house for one last attempt. We finally caught him! and now he is our awesome new investigator! I really loved getting to meet him, I'll tell you what happens later!

No comments: