Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Russell's Email 1-7-10

We had transfers, and Elder B. left the 3 pack, and he is now serving with Elder H. (my second companion) and we are all in the same ward . I will be here with Elder V. B. another transfer, and I am really excited about that.
With transfers came a special phone call from President. I answered and he said, "Elder Hitchcock, the Lord wants you to serve as a district leader in a new district and I want you to have this experience." For the next 6 weeks, I'm district leader over my companionship and Elder B. and Elder H. I'm excited for this opportunity, but wonder what's in store for the future. "I want you to have this experience" lingers in my mind lol
Things are going really well, and I am happy. Life couldn't be better for me right now. I have had so much joy working with our investigators and working with the members of the ward. I love being a missionary!
The other day we gave about 4 blessings, and then the following day we gave 2 or 3. I am so thankful for the power of the Priesthood and the opportunity to serve. I love it.
We have some good people that are progressing, but we always need more people to teach. I would really be grateful if everyone could pray specifically that we can find people to teach. Thanks so much!

No comments: