Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Russell's Email 4-30-09

Wow, crazy times....
I'm transfered to the North Stake in North Las Vegas. This place is great, but it's pretty much the polar oppisite to Henderson. I thik I will learn Spanish here, and I know that will be a blessing for the rest of my mission!
My new comp is Elder J. from Canada. He has served the past 4.5 months with me in the Green Valley zone, so I know him. We were whitewashed in (where a ward gets two new missionaries) and so we are working to make this transfer work.


Elder J. and I have pretty much cleaned the entire apartment now, from mopping the floor to washing the couch cusions and cleaning the walls. I like neat. I remember a quote that says, "be the change you wish to see." That's what I am trying to do.


We have a baptism for Saturday, it's an 11 year old named L. all his siblings have joined the church, but his parents still haven't. As far as we know so far, he is really our only promising person. We shall see as the transfer unfolds.


I've learned a lot already. I didn't know what to do because I didn't know the area, the people, anything. I started to study in the Book of Mormon about Alma and the sons of Mosiah when they "whitewashed" the land of Nephi and the Lamanite people. I really enjoyed this study so far and it gave me some great insights. Service, obedience with exactness, leading by love and example, so many different things that are a blessing!


I'm really grateful to be here in North with Elder J. I sense a great deal of growth is in my future as we work to turn this area around and leave it much better than how we found it. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father and for the blessings as of late. I know this is the Lord's work

.
I will have more to report on next week. I love you all. Pray for me please, and I'll pray for you.



Elder Hitchcock

No comments: