Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Russell's Email 5-14-09

So this week in North is another week trying to get control of the task. It's going much better, and we are starting to get people to teach. I really enjoy seeing fruits of my labors, it's then I really know that I am making a difference in the lives of others.


I think that my most favorite experience of the week is this. We are having a contest with the missionaries I live with to see who can have the most "other lessons" in the week. (Other Lessons = 2 principles and a commitment, these can be taught in homes or on the streets) during this, Elder J. and I have talked to sooooo many people. We talked to one lady who invited us back after we talked about families with her (turns out she has 5 or six kids!!!). We went to our appointment with her, she had forgotten about it but before we could ask her if we could reschedule, she asked us. We did and before we left, I looked over her shoulder into the house and I saw a "Return with Honor" plaque hanging on the wall. I thought that was neat, and I have a good feeling about teaching her.


We also had another really awesome lesson with the family we are teaching that the parents are deaf. We gave them the Restoration pamphlet and told them to read it and then we went and watched the movie, the Restoration. The experience during the first vision was amazing. I'm pretty sure she knows it's true, and it's a testimony to me that the spirit doesn't need a langauge to touch the hearts of God's children. it was simply amazing....


I love being here and sharing this message with others. The Gospel is truly where happiness is, and nothing can take the place of Spirit. I know that this gospel is the way, and that Jesus Christ lives and loves us. I have learned so much this past week, and it's great to be able to serve others.



Elder Hitchcock

No comments: