Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Russell's Email 6-4-09

So This past Saturday I had the chance to return to Green Valley for a baptism. I baptized T. in a font that was hot enough to be a hot tub. Being able to baptize T. was truly a wonderful blessing and opportunity. Such a neat experience, and as a missionary, it was the highlight of my week!


We also set someone, her name is O. and we have another lady, L., who we will set for baptism soon. The Lord is truly blessing this area. I love getting to do the things I have in this area. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me in this area and mission.


This week I have seen more and more the Lord's hand and the love that he has for his children. It seems each week I become more and more aware of this and my love for the Savior grows even more. It's such a blessing to be able to bless the lives of others.


Something really neat, the missionary program is starting to focus more on lessons taught to investigators with members, and so we have been doing that. Working with members of the Church is so amazing! Their added witnesses and the spirit they bring, it's great. The more LTM's (lessons taught with members present) the more progressing investigators. The more progressing, more enter the waters of baptism. Learning to work with the members in North has changed my mission. I love it.


Yet again, time is short. I love it here though, and I know that this is the Lord's work. I'm confident of that.

No comments: