Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Russell's Email 5-7-09

This area is sooooooooooooo different than my last one, but I really love it. I have had some awesome experiences doing this work here and sharing the gospel with others.
Each area provides a unique challenge. One of the biggest challenges here in North is finding people who speak english and who are sincere. What's great though, is I know they are out there.


I think my most favorite experience is a family we went to see, the kids are members and the parents aren't. The parents are also deaf. I have had the opportunity to go and to try to remember all the ASL that I can and to talk to this family. The kids want to come back to Church, and the parents want to come. I'm so excited, and to see the Lord use me was a neat experience.


I really love serving with my companion Elder J. He is a great missionary and has a great love for this gospel. He is teaching me so much, and really helping me develope into the missionary I want to become.


We had interviews with President this past week and I had a great one. One thing that was in common in mine and Elder J.'s email was that He (President) and the Assistants felt like Elder J. and I were the missionaries to come into the area brand new and make it better. Knowing that I am called of God gives me a deep feeling of responsibility, knowing that President has that much trust in me scares me to death hahaha. I love this area though, and the people here are fantastic.
We are still seeking out those who have been prepared by the Lord's hand to receive this message. Sometimes we find people who are more open than others, but we haven't stopped trying to find them yet. I'm really thankful for the opportunity to have a new start in a new area and to work in such a great place.


If there is one truth that I am continually reminded of, it's this. God is our loving Heavenly Father. I know that's true. I hope next week I can tell ya'll we set someone for baptism, but we shall see! I love ya'll



Elder Hitchcock

No comments: